Hurricane Irma Community Update
Community Updates (Hurricane Irma)
Updated 9/10 at 4:16 pm EST
Currently, the community has continued power and has not experienced any flooding or wind damage. Our hurricane preparedness plans are in place, and we are equipped for potential challenges from the storm. Our dedicated associates are trained and ready to provide ongoing care to residents during the storm. As the hurricane makes an impact over the next 48 hours, we will monitor potential threats carefully and continue to post real-time status updates here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the community directly or call our emergency line at 314-512-8511 for updates.
As Hurricane Irma approaches, the safety of our residents and associates is our number one priority.
Our teams are busy putting precautions in place to make sure we are prepared. Our hurricane preparations checklist includes the following:
- Resident and associate meetings have been held to communicate safety plans.
- The community is equipped with disaster food supplies.
- Our teams have purchased extra emergency lighting.
- Care staff will assist assisted living residents with obtaining a supply of medications. The community will remind independent living residents to get their prescriptions filled.
- The community is equipped with an adequate water supply for drinking and personal use.
- Outdoor furniture has been secured.
- Vacant apartments/common areas/offices have been prepared for associates and their families.
We will continue to post updates as they come.